education is everything
1 in 5 children worldwide are not in school.
Children with disabilities, children in crisis, and girls, face the most hurdles to gaining an education and suffer the sharpest consequences when they miss out. Education for all can help safeguard against violence, abuse, and exploitation, and even reduce vulnerability to natural disasters. Child or adult, a person with an education has an opportunity to a future that would not be possible without an education. A woman with an education has higher earning potential and healthier children, and the more education that a person gains, the more opportunities become available.
ADRA Myanmar focuses education programming on access, equity and inclusion, quality and innovation, within a lifelong learning approach to bring education to children in remote areas of Myanmar were decades of conflict and underinvestment in education have inhibited opportunities. Education is an important instrument to fight poverty, create jobs, improve health and nutrition and promote gender equality and peace.
Did you Know?
Life changing education happens in and outside of the classroom. Here are some of the ways that we’re helping to remove the obstacles to learning:
– Improving teaching and learning environments through formal education
– Supplying teaching and learning materials to schools, teachers and students
– Providing support to school management committees and parent teacher associations
– Supporting advocacy and policy development
– Constructing and renovating schools and improving WASH facilities
– Supporting education in emergencies by working with ethnic education organisations to extend educational services to conflict affected communities
– Training TEES (Teachers Extending Education Services) teachers to establish schools in remote communities and reaching more than 214,000 out of school children
– Providing cash assistance for youth in IDP camps for education
– Reaching out of school children (OoSC) and school dropouts through non-formal education programs and technical vocational education and training (TVET)
– Working in partnership with the Ministry of Education Department for TVET offering youth training in certified market driven short courses and linking youth with internships through employer engagement initiatives to enhance skills for jobs
In 2020, our Education sector is impacting 1.38 million beneficiaries and supporting 5 projects around Myanmar