BUILDING HEALTHY COMMUNITIES
Health is at the heart of so much of the world’s poverty and suffering. When communities don’t have enough food, when they depend on unsafe water sources, when they don’t have access to reliable health support, every life suffers.
ADRA Myanmar works with the Ministry of Health & Sports and ethnic health organizations to strengthen and extend essential health services, improve nutrition and develop water and sanitation facilities, particularly for those living remotely.
Did you Know?
Our health can be affected by almost all aspects of our lives. Here are some of the ways that we’re helping to build healthier lives for those we serve:
– Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
– Training midwives and health staff to ensure safe birthing practices
– Developing community support mechanisms for women of reproductive age, pregnant women and women with children under five
– Establish savings groups to support health seeking behaviours and fund referrals
– Promoting equity in health systems to ensure sustainable resources to remote health facilities and essential services to remote people
– Nutrition and Early Child Development particularly in the first 1,000 day window
– Nutrition education integrated with ECD programs
– Training health workers on growth monitoring and nutrition counselling
– Promoting PD Hearth for good nutrition practices
– Kitchen garden training, food preparation and micro nutrients to improve nutrition outcomes
– Developing sanitation solutions in communities, health facilities and schools through WASH
– Aligning with the Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) approach
– Promoting environmental sanitation campaigns
– Gender sensitive awareness sessions in schools, health facilities, communities and households
– Constructing wells, gravity flow piped water systems and rain water collection to meet needs and ensure drinking water quality at source or through filtration and treatment
In 2021, our health sector impacted 48,581 beneficiaries and supported 1 project in the Chin and Kayin States.